Monday, September 20, 2010

Urban Remedy Detox




I decided to do a detox program prior to my trip to HK because if I may confess, I have been on a diet since Jun this year. The diet is not a strict one but merely to cut out fast food and carbs. It was worrying on how much food I would be stuffing my face when I go to HK so why not give myself a full cleanse for 3 days before hand?

I also managed to score $20 off by linking them to my FB. It is not cheap though. even after discount, each juice works out to be just over $10. I was delivered 3 days worth of juices with a cute cooler bag. You have 6 juices per day and you drink them according to the numbers every 2 hours.  My personal summary of the juices are per below:

Juice 1 - tasted healthy with slightly gagging factor. I think it could be de to cucumber... (consists of apple, lemon, cos lettuce, celery, silverbeet, parsley, cucumber)
Juice 2 - Very nice and sweet. (I would love to have more mints, very refreshing, consists of pineapple, apple & mint), This juice is def something I would love to make myself in future for summer.
Juice 3 - I can't work out which I like less, Juice 1 or Juice 3?( consists orange, acai berry, cucumber, pineapple, carrot, broccoli) really not liking carrot and cucumber.. ewww
Juice 4 - This looks quite scary but I actually like it because I like the taste of beetroot. (Consists of beetroot, carrot, aple, lemon, spriulina and ginger) again, I would love to have more ginger. This is prob my 2nd or 3rd favourite.
Juice 5 - this tasted like lemon water to me, I kept on wanted to heated it up and add some honey. (consists lemon, water, agave nectar and cayenne pepper) This juice is good to drink during the afternoon when you are thirsty. 
Juice 6 - I have to say I did not drink much of this juice... because I wasn't very hungry by then. It has raw cashews, cinnamon, coconut milk, agave nectar, vanilla bean and water.

During the whole time, extreme hunger didn't really hit me.  I am not sure why... I like some juices alot but some of them I really have problem finishing.

I also felt very cold all the time because the juices have to be refrigeratored to keep fresh and I decided to do this at winter... Another problem was the constant visits to the toilet... But that is flashing your toxin out. 

I actually stopped on the 2nd day after juice 4, I was determined to do this detox and not cheat at all. However after I finished juice 3 on day 2, I felt really cold as well as this gagging sensation. I thought I would have Juice 4 sooner because I like the taste it. And somehow very soon after juice 4, the feeling on gagging got worse and I ended up throw up in the toilet. Warm beetroot juice definitely didn't taste good :(

The only explanation I can think of is because I drank the juices too quickly one after another. I pretty much have them 1.5hr apart. Or maybe I am not suitable drinking this many varieties juices.... So I quit the detox there and then. Went to Izakaya Den for dinner... yummy!!

I liked the detox idea, and to be honest, I would still consider doing this again in summer because it would be alot easier and refreshing. I hope there is an option for ppl to choose opting some ingredients out. I can force myself to drink juices I don't like so much but if my body rejects them and I ended up throwing up, it is better not to include them in the firs place...


1 comment:

Gastronomy Gal said...

argh- good one. I have been thinking of doing the Urban Remedy for a while now! Am going to give it a go next week maybe??Did you think it had good results?