Sunday, January 10, 2010

Que sera sera, what will be, will be



I was looking through all the photos that were taken in the last year and to my astonishment, I cannot recall or found many photos in 2009. I know I was away for less than a week to Tw for popo's wedding and again in Dec for another wedding. More weddings scatter throughout the year, but just myself or with baby... I cannot remember much we did. Isn't it pathetic? and here i thought we did alot because I kept on putting places we visited, restaurants we went in 07 and 08 to be part of 09. The only thing came to my mind would be Weribee mansion weekend away and that would be 2 nights.


I don't want to have my life passing by without noting events down

2009 was probably more because of my hectic work life I barely have time off

I do not wish for 2010 to be a repeat

I shall try my best to anchor my life to the direction I want

Went back to my MSN Space where I used to blog and it was so nice reading them because honestly I have forgotten so much it is almost that I am reading someone else life.

I was trying to move all the entries to blogger but this does not let me to input to the old dates and I don't want to clutter all those entries in the beginning of 2010...

Something is probably best to stay where they are.

It is quite interesting to read that I was working more and more and I actually complained about leaving work at 7pm?! how funny is this... as 7pm is a norm these days.

I had so many trips in 07, Thailand, gold coast, Sydney and the big one in the beginning of 08. That was a good year now I look back.





-------------------------------------------------------------

Even if I cannot move all the entries here, I still want to add the amazing experience at Tetsuya Sydney when we visited at Aug07



Tetsuya only offers degustation (14 courses not 10 as i remembered) for $185 p.p
On the night, Baby decided he wants to get smashed...
on no I mean, truly experience this whole thing
so we opted to have the degustation with matching wines (10 of them priced at additional $90 p.p)

Bread with Butter w truffie & cheese (I don't think I appreciated truffle as much as now so I wasn't big about butter)
tetsuya,sydney
1. Pea soup with Bitter Chocolate Sorbet


tetsuya,sydney
2. Smoke ocean trout & Avruga Caviar - loved this dish! to die for!!
- teamed with Tamano Hikari Sake, Junmai0Ginjo, Kyoto Japan

tetsuya,sydney
3. Leek & Crab Custard
- Teamed with 2006 Vynfields Classic Riesling, Martinborough, NZ
tetsuya,sydney
4. Scallop Carpaccio with red wine vinaigrette
-teamed with 2005 Crawford River Riesling, Henty Vic
tetsuya,sydney
5. Confit of petuna Tasmanian Ocean Trout with Konbu, Daikon & Fennel w Seasonal Green Salad - most famous dish, I was way too full by then, but baby really loves this dish.
-teamed with 2006 Henschke Joseph Hill Gewurztraminer, Eden Valley, SA

tetsuya,sydney


6. Ravioli of Queensland spanner crab with tomato @ basil vinaigrette
- teamed with 2005 Pierro Chardonnay for Tetsyua's, Margaret River, WA


tetsuya,sydney
7. Baby abalone with braised ox tail & orange sauce
- teamed with 2005 Bass Phillip Pinot Noir for Tetsyua's, Gippsland VIC

tetsuya,sydney
8. Twice-cooked de-boned spatchcock with caper & olive jus - had spatchcock at VDM just one monthh before and they both taste quite nice. I am a big fan.
-teamed with 2003 Parker Estate Terra Rossa Cabernet Sauvignon, Coonawarra, SA


tetsuya,sydney
9. Grilled Wagyu Beef with Lime & Wasbi
- teamed with 2004 Torbreck Grenache / Shiraz for Tetsyua's, Barossa Valley SA

tetsuya,sydney

10. Comte with Lentils - taste a bit wired to me

tetsuya,sydney
11. Beetroot & Blood orange Sorbet/ Strawberry Shortcake

tetsuya,sydney


12. Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with White beans & Dates
- teamed with 2005 Tamar Ridge Botrytis reisling, Tamar Valley TAS


tetsuya,sydney
13. Chocolate Terrine with mascarpone & cognac anglaise
- teamed with Romate Pedro Ximenez Cardenal Cisneros, Jerez Spain


tetsuya,sydney
14. Coffe or Tea & petit Four

tetsuya,sydney

just realised the photos are too dark, this is pre-DSLR.

So full afterwords
tetsuya,sydney

If I can visit again i def would, maybe better for lunch. The food and service as impeccible.

tetsuya,sydney


Tetsuya's on Urbanspoon

No comments: