Tuesday, March 16, 2010

after life being too hard, I simply cannot go to sleep


Hence still staying up staring at the TV at first flicking though all channels aimlessly, then move onto the strange patch on the wall. Would it be water stain? or dirty spots on my glasses? Perhaps it is a spider that is dirty and running around that part of the wall in circles... *sign*

I was thinking to blog the amazing dinner last Friday night at Jacques Reymond. But I have been so lazy updating and  I actually visited some nice restaurants back in Feb 2010. So I guess I will just update one by one for now. I wonder if they do spelling check because I certainly cannot be stuffed at the time of the hour.

Baby and I decided something very low key for our 4 year anniversary that is no big celebration and no present. (later is still disputable I insist) Our anniversary 11th actually fall on a Wednesday and I wasn't really thinking doing something special so baby suggested we visited Aux Batifolles for 'old time sake'. Aux Batifolles has a special spot in my heart as it is one of the place we loved when we first started dating. And that is a long time ago indeed. Back then babe wasn't big on fine dining and this lovely bistro has such a charm, the waiter greeted you warmly with french accent plus the delicious food. I was pretty happy that we are having dinner there.

On to the photos, they definitely say more than my words.

Whole bottle of French wine to drink over dinner. It is quite light. I actually seldom drink wines outside Australia and I tend to find them quite light compare to Aust's own?


Cute photos of Paris? on the wall with specials wines/dessert. They tell you the specials of the day though.


Me, it was so humid and was actually raining when we were driving to dinner. My hair is uncharacteristically limp. Considering how much I have dried them out over the years of dying/bleaching.

Us. 4 years. How did we Make it babe? lols


We both love raw meat fondly. And Aux Batifolles made one of the nicest Steak Tartare.(Although I  personally prefer asian way of raw beef) This one is made in the most Traditional way and just the right proportion.

Pardon me as I did not take down exactly what was ordered from the menu, I have googled the menu in the hope this is what I ordered. Moules A La Normande - half shelled black mussels with apples and cider. I do think the sauce is a bit different as mine taste alot of garlic. The mussels are cooked right although some tasted overcooked. I decided to try something a bit different this time as normally I am a big fan of the fresh shucked oysters OR the scallops.


Yumm My delicious main, Confit De Canard Etson Maigret Poele Aux Figues (confit & crispy duck leg, pan sealed duck breast, server with iran figs sauce) Now I am not a big fan of Mains in French Cuisine and from my experience at dining at AB, this dish can be a bit of hit and miss. But this time it was cooked really nice. The leg was crispy, fatty and juicy teamed with the beautiful fig sauce. Such a shame as I could not eat much after my entree and constant wine consumption.

Without fail, babe usually go for big fat steak for his choice of main. This is Tournedos Aux Deux Sauces: prime eye fillet, served with bearnaise and red wine sauce. And as always, you can't fault the steak. 


First side: Salade Verte Au Bleu Et Noix: green salad with blue cheese dressing and walnuts


Because it was a special day so we wanted to go all out and order yet another side. I do not know how our brains work sometimes as we were obviously Full after the generous sized entrees! I think this is green beans in butter? or garlic and pepper. It was so yummy. 

So as I was saying we were really full however we both decided to order desserts because you are in a French Restaurant! how can you say No to the  traditional French Dessert? Are you Insane? This is Traditional Vanilla "Grerne Brullee" and it actually taste rather disappointing. :( same applies to my Warm Upside Down Apple "Tarte Tatin" they tasted like it was made a while ago and wasn't reheated properly? shame shame shame!


So other than the desserts, we were pretty happy with the meal and the bill came to... hm... I can't quite remember but I think it was under $150? Pretty Reasonable for 3 course dinner pluss a bottle of French wine.

Lastly, Happy 4 years my dearest babe.
Sometimes I don't know what I do without you
Sometimes I thought you can just piss off
But overall, you are a super special person in my heart 
Because you let me be who I want to be (with certain restrictions)
xoxox


Really, it is your own doing as you ate 1//2 of my entree, 2/3 of my main and 1/4 of my dessert.... j/k he does not look like this normally. 

So seeing the clock ticking closely over to 4am.... I am still Awake... Quite Wide Awake.... my skin will be terrible tomorrow, so is my concentration. Hate this! I want to Fall Asleep!!

No comments: